Friday, December 31, 2010

Miura Sushi 11/22/10

I think one of the things I love the most about Japanese class, are our field trips. This time, we went to Miura sushi. This is a REAL sushi place! No salmon. That's an American addition. Only fresh, and seasonal fish. It is really fresh. No egg sushi, no California roll, just sushi.
We ordered a set plate. However, you can order it a la carte. The only problem is, they have something on the menu that I object to: whale meat.
There it is. I did not order any!
Look at these clam necks. Wow!
I ate my first (and maybe only) sea anenome. It looks like the consistency of bird poop. It starts out to be a little together, then woomp, it liquefies in your mouth. It wasn't too bad. I've heard that if you're going to try it, to go get the freshest out there. If it isn't so fresh, it'll make you puke. If you start out liking the fresh, then it will still be nummy to you even if it isn't so fresh.

This is the ultimate 3 shot. I forgot my camera this day. Dang! I am doing it with my cell phone. I would recommend fresh sushi to everyone who comes.

No comments: