Thursday, December 30, 2010

HOME

I had to go home to have a tooth implant done, which is minor surgery. So, I made the most of it. I went to craft fairs. This is Gig Harbor's Tide Fest.
The local Mormon church had a nativity set display. I love nativities. I'm picky about what good ones look like. I didn't get a pic of my favorite, it was made out of all nuts! Too funny! I also went to a Catholic Christmas Cantata. The music was nice.
I did some hard target shopping at Target. Ran into someone else doing some shopping...
I hung out with my friend, Karen. No pics, but I did try to get the elk jerky home, only to have it taken away from me at the quarantine. The same place you bring your dog, if you're bringing one in.
I went to a cheer competition. It was kinda neat, I was surprised that I liked it.
Kristen, on the left, is a good friend, and her daughter competes.
Her daughter does more of the tumbling runs. I was impressed at the range of guys and girls. They need folks to hold the 'fliers' (the girls thrown into the air, or on top of human pyramids). So, there were a few stout girls there, too.
It wasn't much of a competition, each category had only one entry. But, a good time was had by all!
I got to be there for the braces going onto Anna.
And for Diane's beautiful Christmas tree!
I was sad to leave, but LOVED traveling by myself. I'd forgotten that I like to travel! I loaded up the luggage with gifts, and made it home safe and sound with a post in my mouth!

No comments: